Bucharest is the capital municipality, cultural, industrial, and financial centre of Romania. It is the largest city in Romania, located in the southeast of the country. Some curious facts about Bucharest:
- The population of Romania is aprox. 20 mil. The population of Bucharest is 2, 100, 000.
- The modern Romania was born when the principalities of Moldavia and Wallachia merged in 1859, and became independent in 1877.
- Most Romanians are members of the Romanian Orthodox Church, which is one of the churches of Eastern Orthodox Christianity.
- The most widespread form of Romanian folk music is the doina
- (a Romanian musical tune style, with Middle Eastern roots, that can be found in Romanian peasant music, as well as in Lăutărească and Klezmer music. Similar tunes are found throughout Eastern Europe and the Balkans. In some parts of the Balkans the doina is referred to as scaros/scaru).
- That the words “dor” (to miss someone) and “doina” have no synonyms in any other language.
- The highest mountains are the Carpathians, describing an arch on the Romanian therritory. The highest peak is Moldoveanu, from the Meridional Carpathinas, reaching 2,444 metres.
- Romanians celebrate Marțisorul, a traditional holiday announcing the beginning of spring (1st of March).
- Constanța is the largest port of the Black Sea.
Bucharest is a beautiful City. We have reviewed and selected the 12 best Bucharest wallpapers. Download below a high quality Bucharest wallpapers in wide range of HD resolutions for your computer’s or mobile’s desktop.