The Cliffs of Moher are located at the southwestern edge of the Burren region in County Clare, Ireland.
Some curious facts about Cliffs of Moher:
- The cliffs are one of 28 global finalists in the “New Seven Wonders of Nature”. The winners of the contest will be announced in November 2011.
- The Cliffs of Moher are located in the southwestern corner of a particularly rocky area of Ireland known as The Burren.
- A number of movies have scenes filmed at the cliffs which include: Leap Year (2010), Princess Bride (1987), Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (2009), and several others.
- The cover art for U2′s album “No Line On The Horizon” is a photo of the Atlantic taken from the cliffs.
- The waves near the cliffs make this area a popular place to surf. The waves here are often called Aileens among the surfer crowd.
Cliffs of Moher is a beautiful Place. We have reviewed and selected the 12 best Cliffs of Moher wallpapers. Download below a high quality Cliffs of Moher wallpapers in wide range of HD resolutions for your computer’s or mobile’s desktop.