Jog Falls is the second-highest plunge waterfall in India, Located near Sagara, Karnataka, these segmented falls are a major tourist attraction. They are also called Gersoppa Falls, Gersoppa Falls and Jogada Gundi.
Some curious facts about Jog falls:
- Jog Falls Karnataka is the highest plunge waterfall in India. That is, the water plunges down in a vertical manner without getting into contact with the surface of the bedrocks.
- Jog Falls Karnataka is a segmented waterfall. That is, as it makes its descent, the waters of the Jog Falls makes separate forms (segments).
- Jog Falls Karnataka is an untiered waterfall. That is, as it makes its descent, the waters of the Jog Falls does not fall from one rock to another in a stepped (tiered) formation, but falls directly straight from its peak. The number of drops of Jog Falls is just 1. Hence, Jog Falls is regarded as the highest untiered waterfalls in India.
- Height of Jog Falls Karnataka: 829 feet (253 meters)
- Average Width of Jog Falls Karnataka: 1550 feet (472 meters)
- Elevation of Jog Falls Karnataka: 2,600 feet (790 meters)
- Height of longest drop of Jog Falls Karnataka: 829 feet (253 meters)
Jog falls is a beautiful Waterfall. We have reviewed and selected the 12 best Jog falls wallpapers. Download below a high quality Jog falls wallpapers in wide range of HD resolutions for your computer’s or mobile’s desktop.