Kyrgyzstan, officially the Kyrgyz Republic, is a country located in Central Asia. Landlocked and mountainous, Kyrgyzstan is bordered by Kazakhstan to the north, Uzbekistan to the west, Tajikistan to the southwest and China to the east.
Some curious facts about Kyrgyzstan:
- Kyrgyzstan is officially known as ‘ Kyrgyz Republic’.
- The capital of Kyrgyzstan is Bishkek, which also forms the country’s largest city.
- The official languages of Kyrgyzstan are Kyrgyz and Russian.
- Kyrgyzstan became an independent republic in end 1991, when USSR was dissolved.
- Kyrgyz, Uzbek, Russian, Dungan, Ukrainian and Uygur make up the mian ethnic groups in Kyrgyzstan.
- The ethnic group of Kyrgyz comprises of traditionally nomadic people, believed to have originally lived in southern Siberia.
- Majority of the people in Kyrgyzstan are Muslims, followed by Russian Orthodox and others.
- The currency of Kyrgyzstan is Som (KGS).
- Kyrgyzstan follows the system of a ‘Republic’.
- Kyrgyzstan stands dominated by Pamir-Alai and Tien Shan (meaning Heavenly Mountains) mountain ranges.
- The highest point in Kyrgyzstan is formed by Peak Pobedy (7,439 m).
- Kyrgyzstan is home to Inylchek Glacier, one of the largest glaciers in the world.
- Issyk Kul Lake in Kyrgyzstan, also known as ‘ Pearl of Tien Shan’, is one of the largest mountain lakes in the world.
- An interesting fact about Lake Issyk Kul, meaning “warm sea”, is that it never ever freezes, in spite of being sited in the mountains.
- Kyrgyzstan shares the Fergana Valley with Uzbekistan and Tajikistan.
- The walnut-fruit forests of Kyrgyzstan are amongst the largest natural walnut forests in the world.
- Manas – one of the longest epics in the world, tells the story of the migration of the Kyrgyz people under the leadership of Manas.
- Osh city of Kyrgyzstan, sited in the Fergana Valley, is said to be three thousand years old.
- Osh city served as an important commercial centre on the Silk Road, the trade route between Europe and China.
- Fergana Valley has been known for its legendary horses, since the ancient times.
- Fergana Valley was the birthplace of Akhmed Al Fergani, the famous astronomer from medieval times.
- The main industries of Kyrgyzstan include small machinery, textiles, food processing, cement, shoes and sawn logs.
- The people are Kyrgyzstan are very fond of tea that they cannot miss out tea after each and every meal. It is considered as a replacement for water and is frequently consumed by all.
- Major sections of the people of Kyrgyzstan belong to Sunni Muslims. But when you walk across the streets of Bishkek, there won’t be any visible signs of Islam. This is because Kyrgyzstan is a Soviet nation.
- Despite the fact that there aren’t many street lights in the cities of Kyrgyzstan, the country is a safe place to live.
- Kyrgyzstanis the only country in the whole of Central Asia to have Russian as one of its official languages.
Kyrgyzstan is a beautiful Country. We have reviewed and selected the 12 best Kyrgyzstan wallpapers. Download below a high quality Kyrgyzstan wallpapers in wide range of HD resolutions for your computer’s or mobile’s desktop.