Mount Everest is located on the border between Tibet and Nepal in the Himalaya Mountains in Asia. Everest is situated on the Tibetan Plateau known as Qing Zang Gaoyuan; the summit is directly between Tibet/China and Nepal. Some interesting facts about Everest:
- Tallest mountain in the world.
- Number of people to attempt to climb Mt. Everest: approximately 4,000.
- Number of people to successfully climb Mt. Everest: 660.
- Number of people who have died trying to climb Mt. Everest: 142.
- Height: 29,028 feet, or 5 and a half miles above sea level. This is equivalent to the size of almost 20 Empire State Buildings.
- Location: part of the Himalaya mountain range; straddles border of Nepal and Tibet.
- Named for: Sir George Everest, a British surveyor-general of India.
- Age: approximately 60 million years old.
- Other names: called “Chomolungma” by Tibetans and Sherpas, which means “Mother Goddess of the Earth.”
- Countries visible from the summit: Tibet, India, and Nepal.
- First to climb to summit: Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay on May 29, 1953.
Mount Everest is a beautiful Mountain. We have reviewed and selected the 12 best Mount Everest wallpapers. Download below a high quality Mount Everest wallpapers in wide range of HD resolutions for your computer’s or mobile’s desktop.