Qatar is a sovereign Arab state, located in Western Asia, occupying the small Qatar Peninsula on the northeasterly coast of the much larger Arabian Peninsula.
Some curious facts about Qatar:
- H.H. Shiekh Hamad bin Khalifa Al-Thani, the Emir of the State of Qatar, started the Qatar Katrina Fund pledging $100 million dollars to victims of Hurricane Katrina which was created just weeks after the devastating hurricane.
- Transparency International has listed Qatar as the #1 least corrupt nation in the Middle East
- Qatar is continuously listed one of the highest per-capita income countries in the world.
- Qatar’s economy grew 14 percent in 2011.
- Even though public drunkenness and open displays of drinking alcohol are forbidden in Qatar, the state pledges to create reserved drinking spaces throughout the for the World Cup 2022 games.
- The style of dress in Qatar is more western than conservative. However, items that bear too much skin, such as short skirts, are looked down upon.
- Qatar’s population is typically 80% foreign. At any given time, there are at least 10, 000 U.S. citizens who reside there.
- Oil and Gas is the main source of revenue for the State of Qatar. With the 3rd largest proven gas reserves in the world it is the leading supplier of Liquid Natural Gas to the rest of the world.
- Qatar is roughly the size of Connecticut
- There is no daylight savings time adjustment in Qatar
- Qatar’s unemployment rate in 2011 was an estimated 0.6 percent
- US passport holders can get a 30 day visit visa at the Doha International Airport for $28
- In Qatar the work week is from Sunday-Thursday
Qatar is a beautiful Country. We have reviewed and selected the 12 best Qatar wallpapers. Download below a high quality Qatar wallpapers in wide range of HD resolutions for your computer’s or mobile’s desktop.