Shwedagon Pagoda is a 99 metres gilded pagoda and stupa located in Yangon, Burma. Some curious facts about Shwedagon Pagoda:
- 1.) This amazing wonder of Myanmar, formerly known as Burma, is a 98-meter gilded stupa that dominates Yangon’s skyline.
- 2.) Shwedagon Pagoda is regarded as the most sacred Buddhist pagoda in all of Myanmar. It contains relics of the past four Buddhas – the staff of Kakusandha, the water filter of Konagamana, a piece of the robe of Kassapa and 8 hairs of Gautama, the historical Buddha.
- 3.) The gold seen on the stupa is made of genuine gold plates that came from the donations of Myanmar people from all over the country and from monarchs in its history.
- 4.) One important thing a tourist should remember when visiting the shrine is to remove his shoes before the first step at any of the entrances because a “no footwear or socks policy” is strictly implemented.
- 5.) The Shwedagon Pagoda is believed to be 2,500 years old according to legend but archeologist believe that the shrine is 1,400 years old.
Shwedagon Pagoda is a beautiful Building. We have reviewed and selected the 12 best Shwedagon Pagoda wallpapers. Download below a high quality Shwedagon Pagoda wallpapers in wide range of HD resolutions for your computer’s or mobile’s desktop.